3 Workouts to Tone Your Abs for Halloween
Posted on 10 October 2015
It’s the beginning of October, so that means you only have a couple weeks left to get in shape before Halloween comes around. Keep up with your cardio workouts but make sure to add in some strength training as well. This will help you build muscle to tone your body. These exercises will help you reduce bloating and flatten your abdomen just in time to fit in to your Halloween costume.
Doing crunches gets old after a while... not to mention you may find yourself plateauing if you do crunches without changing up your workouts. Toe touches will give you the extra boost in your workout that you’ll need.
- Lie flat on your back on a yoga mat and raise your arms above your hands and stretch them so that they're straight.
- Raise your legs up to a 90 degree angle, keep them straight and hold them there
- Without lifting your hips from the ground, lift your shoulders off of the ground by curling your abs and bring your fingertips up to your toes.
- Slowly lower your shoulders to the ground and return to starting position to complete one rep.
Make sure you to move slowly and steadily as that is the key to strengthening your abs.
Abdominal Hold On Chair:
This is a rather unorthodox exercise but will really make you feel the burn.
- Sit straight on a sturdy chair, bench or stool (this is important)
- Place your hands on your sides at the edge of your chair with your fingers facing towards your knees.
- Tighten your core and lift your toes 2-3 inches off of the floor.
- Lift your butt off of the chair
- Hold this position for as long as your can. Try to aim for 10 seconds.
- Lower yourself to starting position and repeat 10-12 times.
This exercise will help you stretch your muscles as well as work out your abs.
- Sit on a yoga mat and extend your legs straight out keeping your feet pressed firmly together
- Lean back about 45 degrees from the hips
- Raise your arms over your head like a ballerina with your fingers pointed out straight
- While you’re leaning back place your right arm on the mat and twist your torso to the right. Meanwhile, keeping your left arm reaching over your head for 3-4 slow counts.
- Repeat the move and this time keep your left arm on the floor and raise your right arm over your head.
- Make sure you’re keeping your butt and heels on the floor
- Remember to keep your abs tight