The Benefits of Adding More Water to Your Life
Posted on 24 February 2015
Believe it or not, we are made up of about 65% water. Water is so important to our lives because it is one of the major influences in our entire body. Staying hydrated is vital for our body to process properly and to stay healthy. Aside from it being necessary for survival, here are some reasons why you should drink more water:
1. On a surface level, drinking lots of water helps keep your skin clear. Pimples and blemishes are inevitable, and everyone gets them. Water helps clean your body of toxins and other waste that can contribute to the buildup of sebum in your pores, which causes pimples. When you don’t drink enough water, you’re preventing your body from flushing out the buildup. In addition, drinking lots of water helps keep your skin hydrated to a healthy glow. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you want to take it up a notch, drink around a gallon a day!
2. Drinking water can help you with your weight loss. Although drinking water doesn’t burn fat (unfortunately), it keeps your body hydrated and can help you moderate your appetite. Often, your body mistakes hunger for thirst, so before you take a bite, drink a glass of water and wait a couple minutes to see whether you change your mind. You’d be surprised by how it cuts down your appetite.
3. On a surface level, water helps you with your weight loss, however, internally; drinking more water helps your digestive system. Water helps your system break down foods as well as fats. It will help you against constipation, which helps with that extra lower abdomen fat that you can’t get rid of. On a mechanical aspect, adding more water to your diet helps your liver and kidneys flush through the waste.
4. Water is so important when you work out. For those of you that do cardio, replacing the water you lose by sweating is very important. Staying hydrated during a workout will also help you pull through longer workouts.
5. Staying hydrated will keep you alert! Those of us in school know how important it is to pay attention during lectures. Well, drinking water will help you think more clearly and help you stay attentive so you can keep your grades up.
6. Water in its vapor form is also something you should expose yourself to more often. Whether it’s a steam sauna or a humidifier in your bedroom, there are many benefits that include weight loss, clearer skin and other health benefits. Humidity is great for your sinuses, especially if you have asthma or allergies.
7. Although, drinking water is great for you… how about working out in it? Yes, swimming and other water base aerobics are a good way to get in shape and also help your joints. Since there really isn’t any impact on your joints while you're swimming or jumping around in water, you can get in a great workout without the concern about it affecting your fatigued knees.
See the many benefits of H20. We hope so.